Would "finding a permanent fiduciary agent" call for some degree of organizational formalization?  Wouldn't somebody or bodies have to "sign for" Code4Lib on this agreement with this agent, and wouldn't their role therefore have to be, to some degree, permanent?

Sorry, but just wondering...

Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Salazar, Christina
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 5:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Formalizing Code4Lib?

Yes I think it's time to do so and I also felt that there was significant support for the idea.

I think perhaps the title "formalizing Code4Lib" might be a bit misleading though... We might want to frame the idea as "finding a permanent fiduciary agent" or something along those lines. This way, we don't have to think about major changes all at once.

I imagine it would help those who plan for Code4Lib 2017 as well, assuming that there will be a physical one.

Christina Salazar
Systems Librarian
John Spoor Broome Library
California State University, Channel Islands
805/437-3198