I could be a resource for this conversation. I have been slow to jump into this conversation, as I have been involved in many past discussions on this topic, to no end.

I was deeply involved in the organizing of DrupalCons and the formation and governance of the Drupal Association. I don’t propose the DA or DrupalCon as a model or template for c4l or the con, but my peculiar skill set — I produced over 1,800 live events in a previous job/lifetime, may be of use.

Cary