Greetings from the LA (formerly Chattanooga) Proposal Committee -

We are pickled as punch and tickled as teeth to inform the community that UCLA Library has agreed to serve as fiscal host for the Code4Lib 2017 Conference.

That being said, adhering to our previous post and to the spirit of openness/accountability, we wholly welcome any group who may wish to propose an alternative city for next year's conference. We realize a handful of other individuals had begun earnest conversations in their own states, and do not wish to discount or diminish any additional effort or excitement toward the goal. We know the community at-large has an investment in seeing this gathering of minds occur, and that the desire for an in-person conference is the sole motivating factor in any of our activities. As a reminder, so that any of us can make pragmatic movement toward conference planning, the deadline for proposals, with a secure fiscal host in hand, is July 1st.

Once again, we thank everyone for their private and public input, their patience while this gets sorted out, and for their passion as a community in providing a safe and accommodating environment for folks to enjoy and contribute to the conference.

- Brian Rogers