This is cross-posted on LITA-L. Apologies if you're seeing this twice.

We're in the process of making some updates to our public computers and I thought I would survey the crowd to see what people are doing to lock up access to the 'guts' of the computer.

The computers are all running Windows 7 and have MS Word and Excel installed on them. Obviously IE is on the computers and we've also installed Chrome because IE gave us some weird issues. We use MyPC and Papercut for computer reservation and printing respectively. We're currently using group policy to control what the patron can do on the computer. All the machines have DeepFreeze on them and the computers reboot when the patron logs out of MyPC. We've given some thought to opening the machines up and relying on DeepFreeze to 'fix' any changes that happen to the system but that makes me nervous.

What types of things are you doing with your public computers?

John Klima
Assistant Director
Waukesha Public Library
262-524-3688

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent those of the Waukesha Public Library or the City of Waukesha.