> The inside will make decisions and the outside won’t understand and feel
left out.

This happens in all groups at a certain size, regardless of their structure
or organizational mechanism.

> Somebody will always come forward. It will just happen.

That's a faith I wish I shared. The liability is simply too large at this
point to count on the graces of a random fiduciary agent every year.
Structure for liability does not immediately invoke the death-by-committee
hierarchy C4L is trying to avoid.

Angela Galvan
Digital Resources and Systems Librarian | SUNY Geneseo