I also am unsure, Eric, how you imagine we could have a "smaller" annual
meeting. Clearly the community wants to go. It is large. Tickets sell out
quickly. I couldn't have gotten a ticket for this year's even if I had not
been in the process of moving to Notre Dame and thus between funding,
because I was in meetings during the ticket sales and hadn't expected them
to go that fast. Who would get to decide who gets to go to this small,
not-big-deal Code4Lib? Longtime insiders like you? People who've only been
around a few years and thus have more to gain like me? Students? People
lucky enough not to be in meetings when tickets go on sale?