Thank you, Coral and Tom. I'd also like us to:

1. stop characterizing regional meetings as DIY, as if we have outsourced
the organizing of the national meeting somehow without doing it ourselves.
Many people worked hard to put the 2016 meeting (and all the others) on,
and they don't deserve to have their efforts minimized this way.

2. stop acting like the people participating in this on-list discussion
aren't aware of the list archives and/or wiki.

3. resist the temptation toward facile technology and/or publishing
metaphors, especially ones that seem to ignore the vigorous discussion of
economies of centralization & decentralization (including more than one
call for more regional meetings, if I remember correctly) that happened at
C4L16.

4. recognize that there are numerous good-faith reasons people are
interested in national meetings, not least of which is to provide the
context for the TEI-style meetings that Eric mentions.