Hi Everyone,

**Just a reminder to sign up for the Library Carpentry workshop, there are only 5 spots left!**

**We are also looking for helper mentors. If you want volunteer during the workshop, please sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SBZjOBu6liHgmvkR6oziX66-2GE09qPrUUGv2rW-ayA/edit **

About the workshop:

Code4lib Toronto is offering a 2-day introductory software workshop for information professionals (including librarians, archivists, museum curators, or information technicians) on July 28-29, 2016, at the University of Toronto Robarts Library (St. George campus).

This 2-day workshop will cover a tools and skills that will help participants learn how to refine and clean up large volumes of data (OpenRefine); introduce automation and queries into workflows through programming (Regular Expressions, XQuery / XML); integrate software (APIs with Python); and perform web scraping with Scrapy (Python).

While you do not need to have any previous knowledge of the tools presented at the workshop, we recommend that attendees have some exposure / familiarity with the following concepts: programming logic, boolean expressions, XML.

Lunch and snacks during the breaks will be provided.

For more information about the workshop and registration, please visit our website:
https://code4libtoronto.github.io/2016-07-28-librarycarpentry/

For more information about code4lib Toronto, visit:
http://www.meetup.com/code4libtoronto/

Thanks,

Kim

Kim Pham
Digital Scholarship Unit, Digital Projects & Technologies Librarian | Liaison Librarian,
Department Physical & Environmental Sciences (Physics)

UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO SCARBOROUGH
AC 270 | 1265 Military Trail, Toronto, Ontario, M1C 1A4
416-287-7491
https://utsc.library.utoronto.ca/