Just in case anyone is interested. This is being forwarded from the glbtrt-l listserv of ALA:

________________________________
From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of C Gibrich <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 1:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; pubyac; Child Lit
Subject: [glbtrt-l] Opportunity At QZAP

Apologizes for the cross-posting of this opportunity-

H.E.L.P.!!!
 H is for Hackers with
E is for Experience
L is for Love us
P is for Please!!!

Hi friends and fans,
We're reaching out to ask for help because we're growing in ways that exceed our current expertise. We are seeking an extraordinary person to join our collective zine archiving project as a volunteer codemonkey/hacker/webdork programmer to help us fix and maintain our website at archive.qzap.org<http://archive.qzap.org>.
[http://archive.qzap.org/media/collectiveaccess_14/images/0/24866_ca_object_representations_media_25_mediumlarge.jpg]<http://archive.qzap.org/>

QZAP - Queer Zine Archive<http://archive.qzap.org/>
archive.qzap.org
The Queer Zine Archive Project (QZAP) was first launched in November 2003 in an effort to preserve queer zines and make them available to other queers, researchers ...

The Queer Zine Archive Project (QZAP) is a labor of love, freely organized as a collective of volunteers in its eleventh year of existence. As unpaid staff ourselves who are recognized by peers and our audiences for our vital queer zine preservation efforts, we know it is important to acknowledge and value all the work that goes into making QZAP an innovative leader in digital and community archives, especially on the tech side.  We currently do not have a collective member with the skills to grow our website to meet the demands from our users. Maybe you have the skills, or you know someone who does, who has the time to make a commitment to help us in the months and years to come?

Here are the skills we're looking for:

Know your way around a LAMP instance
Strong in PHP
Top notch CSS styling guru
Have worked with digital cataloging systems. We use Collective Access (CA)
Are familiar with DublinCore (or better yet xZINECOREx)
Have clear and open communication skills (written, verbal, hankie code)
Can write documentation to beat The Boys in the Band

Additionally important:

You like and understand zines or have a curiosity about DIY print publishing
You like queer culture and history or are open to learning about it
You work well with "little-A anarchist" collective (dis)organizing

We have a short list of projects that need attention and are beyond our ken at this time including making our CA instance mobile friendly, fixing the clicky-ness of our metadata, adding SOLR indexing and search to our CA instance, and more.

This is an unpaid volunteer position with potential to gain world-wide recognition in providing a unique service in the field of digital archiving and zine cataloging.  If you or someone you know are able to assist us, please get in touch.

http://qzap.org/v8/index.php/contact-us/internship-coordinator