All,

I am very excited to announce the release of Version 4.10 of the open source SobekCM digital library (in-a-box)! As usual, it is available for immediate download at our download center at the community maintained site ( http://sobekrepository.org/software/download ). In addition, instructions for upgrading to this version can also be found there. Installation of a new instance is quite simple and the MSI will step you through the process.

Version 4.10.0 of SobekCM includes the most comprehensive collection of changes since SobekCM was first released ten years ago. This version continues preparation for the release of version 5.0 by updating the basic architecture of the system to be more configurable and customizable. In addition, the web application is increasing dependent on the discrete microservice architecture provided by the SobekCM engine. This version also adds a new plug-in architecture for adding extensions which can add new metadata types, modify or add new item viewers, customize item citation display, add new engine endpoints, add new builder modules, and much more. Over thirty new microservice endpoints were also added to the SobekCM engine as well. The sum of all these changes results in a more open-architecture which can easily be modified and customized for any institution.

All of our hosted customers were seamlessly upgraded to the new version over the last 36 hours, so you may have already noticed some of these new features!

In total, nearly one hundred thousand lines of code were changed between the previous version and this version, which represents roughly 35% of the total codebase and 66% percent of the files were changed in some way.

We would like to thank all our community testers. And, a special thanks to Richard Bernardy and the University of South Florida Libraries for their help with extensive testing over the last couple weeks before the release of this version. Without his assistance and suggestions, this release would not have been nearly as successful.

For more information, see the full release notes at: http://sobekrepository.org/sobekcm/currentversion .  Be forewarned though, the release notes are quite long as there were so many changes with this version.<http://sobekdigital.co>

Mark Sullivan
SobekCM Lead Architect

P.S. If you receive this twice, my apologies.. I sent this to the old list address first.