From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Will Martin
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] LibStats, PEAR, PHP 7

All,

A recent server upgrade seems to have broken our installation of LibStats.  It appears that the database abstraction layer it uses, PEAR::DB, is not working correctly.  Once instantiated, it's supposed to have methods like getOne() and getAll() that execute a SQL query and retrieve the results; but keeps complaining that these are undefined.

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the fact that the upgrade
-- to Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS -- installed PHP 7, up from 5.6.  According to the PEAR web site, PEAR::DB is supposed to be compatible with PHP 7 despite being ancient and crufty, but it's not working.

Anyone have any insight on how to get PEAR::DB to play nice in its new environment?  Because the other option would be going in and rewriting all the database queries to use a more modern database abstraction layer.  Probably PDO.  That's certainly doable, but it'd be quite a pretty fair chunk of work, and in the meantime our reference and access services staff can't log their stats normally.

Will Martin