I've used several of these.  I like the interface of mysolr but (as
mentioned) it hasn't been updated in a while.

pysolr is fairly up to date (v3.5 came out in May this year), and is used
in django-haystack for the solr backend.
https://github.com/django-haystack/pysolr

Haystack itself is great if you want an ORM-like interface for solr and use
django.
https://github.com/django-haystack/django-haystack

-Joseph