The full program for Hydra Connect (October 3-6 at Boston Public Library) has now been released.  This is the worldwide, annual meeting of the Hydra community where Partners, adopters (current and prospective), contributors, and potential collaborators gather. If you are interested in getting a head on your repository (pun intended), please look into joining us. As with most things Hydra-related, the agenda ranges widely, and goes far beyond the particulars of the software stack (though there will be plenty of that, too).

- Tom

From: Richard Green <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [hydra-announces] Hydra Connect 2016: Program details released!
Date: August 19, 2016 at 1:37:41 AM PDT
To: Hydra-announces list <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

The Program Committee for Hydra Connect 2016 are pleased to announce details of the presentations, panel and breakout sessions that have been arranged for this year’s conference.  You can find these via the Connect 2016 wiki page<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/Hydra+Connect+2016>.  This year there are more timetabled sessions than ever before and participants will have some tough decisions to make about which ones to attend; we are hoping (though this is yet to be confirmed) that we will be able to make, and subsequently post, audio recordings of all the sessions so that you can listen to those that you couldn’t attend in person.

Hydra Connect this year runs from Monday 3rd to Thursday 6th October at the Boston Public Library (some Monday workshops are at nearby Northeastern University).  Booking is going well and if you haven’t yet registered now would be a good time to do so!  Full details of registration and the conference hotel<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/hydra/Hydra+Connect+2016%3A++Workshops> are on the wiki – please note that the specially negotiated hotel rate is only available until September 6th which is also the deadline for reserving your highly sought after Hydra Connect 2016 t-shirt!  If you can only make it to one Hydra meeting in 2016/17, this is the one to attend!

All institutions attending will be asked to provide a poster for Tuesday’s poster session; watch your email around August 26th for details about preparing and printing these. On September 2nd, or thereabouts., we’ll send out details about how to propose lightning talks.  We look forward to seeing you in six weeks (yes, just six weeks…)

Best

Richard – on behalf of the Program Committee:

Karen Estlund
Erin Fahy
Sheila Rabun
Jocelyn Triplett
Jim Tuttle
Richard Green

Consultant to Library and Learning Innovation, University of Hull
managing the Hydra in Hull and Hydra (Hull) Projects

http://hydra.hull.ac.uk<http://hydra.hull.ac.uk/>
http://projecthydra.org