Folks,

There is a W3C standard (SHACL)[1] in development that would address the
issue of validation of RDF graphs. The standard itself is, as standards
tend to be, long and not an easy read. Eric Prud'hommeaux and I (both
committee members) have created a first draft of a brief reference
document, in the form of an Abstract Syntax of the core vocabulary of
the SHACL standard. We welcome any comments or corrections to this
document, and any suggestions for making it better. The draft is at:

https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-shacl-abstract-syntax-20160825/

Comments should be sent to the mail list at:

However, I will also entertain any discussion that takes place here,
which feels less formal than posting to a W3C list. Our goal is to make
SHACL Core as clear as possible for first time users. If this becomes a
W3C standard, it will probably eventually become available in various
RDF-related tools.

Thanks,
kc
[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/