Hi Stuart,

Yes, where I said "database" I should have said "relational database at first, but we might expand to other types later on" :)

Supporting researchers' digital sholarship is our unit's mission. By helping researchers build databases we hope to be a positive influence on the database design and help make sure the data is managed and preserved properly. As a service this is new for our institution. If this is indeed something new for libraries to offer, I should propose a talk for Code4Lib 2017, shouldn't I?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ben