*apologies for cross-posting*

Thought this webinar might be of interest to this list--

Hi all,

Readership statistics are critical measures of impact. However,
distinguishing between computers and human readers of repository content
presents a significant technical challenge to the open access community.
While some bots are out there are crawling your content to get it indexed
in places like Google and other search engines, others are trying to mimic
humans and inflate your download counts.

At bepress, we've been battling to filter out the nefarious invaders for
more than a decade to keep these open access infestation problems away from
Digital Commons repositories. We’d like to invite you to a webinar that
shares how we ensure the reliability of download counts:

Title: Bot Shields: Activate! Ensuring Reliable Repository Download
Statistics

Date/time: Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3730808255839224578

In this webinar, we will share our ongoing and multifaceted approach to
identifying and filtering activity from robot sources for Digital Commons
repositories.

We hope you can join us!

Regards,

Ann

--
Ann Connolly
Director of Outreach and Scholarly Communication

(510) 665-1200 x174
www.bepress.com

bepress: the frontier of scholarly publishing since 1999

Check out IR success stories on the DC Telegraph at
blog.digitalcommons.bepress.com