Call for Proposals:  Innovative Solutions for Archives and Financial Crises
https://research.stlouisfed.org/conferences/innovative-solutions-for-archives/
May 11-12, 2017, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
Proposals due November 1, 2016

Dear Colleagues:

I invite you to submit a proposal for a conference at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in May 2017. The conference, which is co-sponsored by the European Association of Banking and Financial History<http://bankinghistory.org/> (eabh) and the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis will bring together financial historians and archivists to learn from each other about innovations in archives and the use of bank and central bank archives in financial history research. We seek presentations of about 15-20 minutes that will be of interest to both financial historians/economists and archivists. We are also holding a special session of an "archives showcase" with brief presentations (5-7 minutes) given by archivists to highlight underused or undiscovered gems in their collection.  We anticipate that the historians will find this especially interesting.

Confirmed speakers for economic historians to date include Harold James (Princeton & IMF Historian), Gary Richardson (UC Irvine & Federal Reserve System Historian) and Eugene White (Rutgers).  For the archivists & librarians, our confirmed speakers include Laura Linard (Harvard's Baker Library), Chris Freeland (Washington University and Documenting the Now), and Jefferson Bailey (Director, Web Archiving, Internet Archive).

Feel free to pass this along to any of your colleagues who might be interested in the conference, and let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you in St. Louis next May.

Best,

Katrina

Katrina Stierholz
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
314-444-8552
[ederal Reserve Bank of St. Louis: Central to America's Economy]