As part of our IMLS grant on collaborative API development for web archiving (https://www.imls.gov/sites/default/files/proposal_narritive_lg-71-15-0174_internet_archive.pdf), we carried out a survey of the web archiving community last spring on how to make it easier to move web archive data around - e.g., from external service provider to local environment, to facilitate data delivery to researchers, or so that capture tools like Heritrix or Webrecorder can more seamlessly hand off to a preservation repository.

The write-up for the survey on web archive data transfer APIs is now available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7toWei7Sy_SOUJlZFhySHZYTWM/view?usp=sharing.

To learn more about the project, codenamed WASAPI, please visit out GitHub repository (https://github.com/WASAPI-Community/data-transfer-apis). We also invite your feedback and discussion at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/wasapi-community.

Thanks!

~Nicholas
--
Nicholas Taylor | Web Archiving<http://library.stanford.edu/projects/web-archiving> Service Manager | Stanford University Libraries DLSS<http://library.stanford.edu/department/digital-library-systems-and-services-dlss>
E-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Mobile: (650) 492-9025 | Twitter: @nullhandle<https://twitter.com/nullhandle>