Brief channel change from the upcoming Code4Lib 2017.  In the midst of  the flurry of planning for it, some of us realized that if we're interested in also  strengthening the Code4Lib Southeast community (including those of us working in states with inhospitable laws, who are still good people and who want to learn and network with Southeastern peers, whether or not they get to go to LA this year), we needed to make some plans too.  So...
... this is a reminder that we have a Code4Lib Southeast section:   http://wiki.code4lib.org/Southeast

... and the purpose of this email is to encourage people who are interested in attending southeast U.S. live or virtual meetups, to join the mailing list NOW if you're not already on it.  (Note:  You are not required to be a "Southerner" or have a job in the Southeast to join this list - if you're interested in being part any of the activities, you're welcome.  NOW - because...
...we (myself and Elizabeth Peele Mumpower) at Emory University are trying to organize something.  We'll soon be sending a poll to that list, to gauge interest in having our next live meeting in Atlanta at Emory University, possibly in February or April, so we can nail the preferred date soon enough to  book our large meeting room before someone else grabs it.
We'll share more information as things develop, but wanted to use our Southeast-flavored list for the discussion and planning.
Thanks, and hope to see you in Atlanta sometime,
Laura and Elizabeth

P.S.  To join the code4lib-se list, go to the Google link above and use the "Join group to post" button.  If you don't see the button or you have trouble joining, you could email me (Laura) and I'll try to help.

Laura Akerman
Discovery Systems and Metadata Librarian
Library Core Systems, Library and Information Technology Services
Room 208 Woodruff Library, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga. 30322
(404) 727-6888  /  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Elizabeth Peele Mumpower
Systems Librarian
Library Core Systems, Library and Information Technology Services
Room 208 Woodruff Library, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga. 30322
(404) 712-5698  / [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

prohibited.