CROSS-POSTED, APOLOGIES FOR DUPLICATION

Dear colleagues,

We are conducting a study about the ways new librarians learn to conduct scholarly research. We are interested in learning more your experiences  as you began to engage in research and publication, the resources to which you had access as you were learning, and what was helpful in the research and publication process.

We invite you to participate in our survey if you meet the following criteria:

*         You are an academic librarian in the United States

*         You are employed at an academic library with a tenure or promotion system in which research is required for tenure or promotion

*         You have either not yet earned tenure or promotion OR have been tenured or promoted within the last three years

The survey will take about approximately 20 minutes to complete.

This project does not collect identifiable information and presents no risks to participants. You may exit the survey at any time without submitting your responses. More information about participation and confidentiality can be found on the consent page at the beginning of the survey.

You may take the survey here: https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5iPCbNaaRksGNqR

If you have questions, please contact one of the co-investigators:

Erin Ackerman, [log in to unmask], 609-771-3352

Jennifer Hunter, [log in to unmask], 215-881-7910

Zara Wilkinson, [log in to unmask], 856-225-2831

Thank you for your interest and participation,

Erin, Jennifer & Zara