Hi Miles,

You may have heard of Scalar <http://scalar.usc.edu> ... it was designed
specifically for long-form authoring.

It's free and you can set up a new "book" at their cloud <
http://scalar.usc.edu/works>, or you can self host on Reclaim Hosting <
https://reclaimhosting.com>, or set up your own install <
https://github.com/anvc/scalar>.

In addition to comments, it also has Hypothesis <https://hypothes.is> built
in, so you or others can markup your book as a kind of peer review.

Cheers,
Craig

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Miles Fidelman <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I figure someone here might have some ideas...
>
> Every once in a while, I come across a web site presenting a
book-in-progress, with tools for reader review & comment.  I'm looking for
such a tool for a book I'm writing, and wondering if anybody knows of one -
preferably open source and available for self-hosting.