Hi CODE4LIB,

I've been working on a project with Rachel Mattson at La MaMa Experimental
Theater Club to improve the community of CollectiveAccess users. For anyone
who is currently using CollectiveAccess for cataloging and exhibiting
collections, this new site may be helpful. I also encourage you to join the
CollectiveAccess users Google Group
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/collectiveaccess-community>.

If you have any further questions or comments you can direct them to Rachel
at [log in to unmask] Announcement is below.

Best,

Jonathan Farbowitz

-------------------

We are excited to announce the beta launch of collectiveaccesscommunity.org,
a new resource for users of CollectiveAccess. Information on this website
is drawn from the collective wisdom of the CollectiveAccess user community,
and is meant to to foster collaboration and contribute to users’ ability to
better deploy the software to make their collections accessible. The site
seeks to address users with various levels of comfort with technology and
computer programming.

Resources on the website include:

   - An extensive list of resources
   <http://collectiveaccesscommunity.org/other-ca-resources/> related to
   CollectiveAccess (including links to video tutorials, documentation and
   workflows, GitHub projects, and academic literature on the software).

   - Brief tutorials and quick tips based on questions commonly asked by
   new users. (Documentation currently available on the website includes tips
   for sorting entities by last name
   <http://collectiveaccesscommunity.org/2015/07/14/last-name-sort/>, making
   sure your PDFs are searchable
   <http://collectiveaccesscommunity.org/2015/06/15/pdf-versions-for-searchable-text/>,
   and interpreting some error messages
   <http://collectiveaccesscommunity.org/2015/07/13/tips-for-working-with-it-departments-administering-collective-access/>
   ).

   - Interviews with archivists and librarians that use CollectiveAccess. Our
   first interview features Karma Foley
   <http://collectiveaccesscommunity.org/2016/09/30/six-questions-for-karma-foley-director-of-library-archives-at-smithsonian-channel/>,
   who works at the Smithsonian Channel. New interviews will be added every
   few weeks through the end of 2016.

More material will be added to the site on an ongoing basis. (Stay tuned
for some exciting soon-to-come additions!)

The site was developed by archivists at La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club,
with funding from the Council on Library and Information Resources. Project
management by Rachel Mattson, website architecture and design by Karen
Li-Lun Hwang, site content by Jonathan Farbowitz, Liza Harrell-Edge, and
others.

*We are seeking documentation from users of CollectiveAccess to post on the
site, as well as information about plugins, mods, or other coding projects
related to CollectiveAccess. *We welcome contributions from archivists with
limited or no coding skills as well as from experienced coders—and everyone
in between. *Please send any information or questions to rachel [at] lamama
[dot] org.*

Enjoy the site and please let us know if you would like to contribute in
any way!
In open-sourceness,
Rachel