Dear Colleagues:

On Monday, November 14, from 8:30-9:30 a.m. CST, the School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois will host an online information session about our PhD degree in library and information science. During the session, iSchool faculty and staff will answer questions and provide information about our School and programs. Login instructions are below.

Join a world-class community of scholars at the iSchool at Illinois, one of the nation's top professional schools. Conduct research with our renowned faculty and customize your program according to your research interests.

Admitted candidates in good academic standing are offered four years of funding in the form of research, teaching, and service assistantships, including tuition waivers and stipends. Students from all disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply.

Applications for the Fall 2017 semester are due by December 15

For additional information about our program, visit our PhD web page or contact [log in to unmask]

Anyone interested in pursuing a doctoral degree in LIS at the School of Information Sciences is encouraged to participate in the online information session.

Location:

ONLINE: http://go.ischool.illinois.edu/meet

Login Instructions: http://groups.lis.illinois.edu/itdweb/bbcollaborate/bbcmeetingrooms.php

If you are away from your computer or without a microphone, you may dial in to the session as follows:
Meeting Room Number: +1-571-392-7703
PIN: 746 676 595 353

If you have questions or problems with regard to participation, please contact our Help Desk:
+1-217-244-4903 or +1-800-377-1892

For additional information about:
*	The School of Information Sciences: http://ischool.illinois.edu/
*	The PhD program: http://ischool.illinois.edu/academics/degrees/phd
*	The iSchool faculty: http://ischool.illinois.edu/people/faculty
*	The online information session: http://ischool.illinois.edu/events/2016/11/14/phd-online-information-session

   "Research funding makes the world a better place"
J. Stephen Downie, PhD
Associate Dean for Research
Professor
School of Information Sciences