Hey DLF Folks,

The DLF Assessment Interest Group’s User Studies - User & Usability Guidelines & Best Practices subgroup is planning our December meeting to chat about our collaborative work for 2017, and follow-up on the great conversation had during our DLF working lunch meeting. Everyone came with awesome ideas and insight about the work the subgroup has been exploring,  and how we could be supporting digital library user identification and behaviors, system usability, accessibility, and learnability. We should totally keep the momentum going into the new year.  Once a date and time are confirmed then I’ll forward the official meeting details.

Doodle Poll to fill out. Poll will close Saturday, December 3rd

http://doodle.com/poll/5quwqqxhfchhv3k7

Here's the minutes from the working lunch for those who would like to review: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1soyvLR6YMAFzKnlzicYts-h7Ne4uFZ6WB7MBXungr-s/edit?usp=sharing

Agenda is in a Google Doc. Please contribute other discussion items: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17SMXtpqiICiXcnH7Xh4cZ9Zp89-eHUkpfoDhoQmqnvI/edit?usp=sharing

If you are not familiar or want to learn more about this DLF Assessment Interest Group subgroup visit: <https://wiki.diglib.org/Assessment:User/Usability_Studies_Guidelines_and_Best_Practices> https://wiki.diglib.org/Assessment:User/Usability_Studies_Guidelines_and_Best_Practices

Cheers and hope you can make it!

Kate

Kate Thornhill
Repository Community Librarian/Assistant Professor
Curatorial Services
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road - LIB
Portland, Oregon 97239