Hello everyone -

This summer we sent out a survey<http://bit.ly/1R73Luq> that asked practitioners who have experience managing digital content to tell us about tools and workflows that work and do not work for the intake of digital content. Thanks to everyone who took the time to participate! Analysis of the survey responses led to a great deal of useful data that we presented at the annual meetings for SAA, DLF, and NDSA and published in an article<http://www.dlib.org/dlib/november16/deridder/11deridder.html>.

Now we would like to build on our findings to create a useful resource for everyone out there who's trying to figure out the best way to manage the intake of digital content. To do so, we need the help of anyone who is willing to participate and/or share their experiences. We've set up an Open Science Framework page<https://osf.io/qprn4/> seeded with Google Docs for collecting that information in a form we think will be helpful. We are also in the process of developing initial guidelines for tools and workflows based on differing file formats, media types, and other institution-level capabilities. If you'd like to help, please contribute on the OSF site<https://osf.io/qprn4/> and/or join our Google Group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/incoming-digital-content-management>. By collaborating as a community to share what we've learned, we hope to make it easier for one another to effectively manage the intake of digital content.

Please consider joining the project and/or forwarding this to anyone you think might be interested. I am always happy to answer any questions ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great Holiday week!

Alissa Matheny Helms
Digital Access Coordinator, Metadata & Digital Services, University Libraries
The University of Alabama<https://www.ua.edu/>
215 Mary Harmon Bryant Hall
Box 870266
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487