I'm hoping someone has been through this process and can confirm my guess:

We're migrating from contentDM, and have several collections with items
that were multipage PDFs loaded with an automatic conversion to contentDM
compound objects. What those look like in CDM are a .cpd file and several
.pdfpage files, all of which are text files without the actual PDF content.
I'm trying to track down what, exactly, we migrate for these items. I can't
see the originally uploaded PDF anywhere (does it stay in CDM somewhere?),
and we didn't create preservation copies for many of these.

Does anyone know if I'm correct in thinking that the originally uploaded
PDF file no longer exists in CDM? Would the thing displayed to users be the
index.pdf that CDM generates for any compound objects?

Thanks for any info!
-Laura

--
Laura Buchholz