On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Can y’all recommend how I might preserve and archive 46 gigabytes of
> personal data for the long haul?...

Thank you for the prompt and thorough replies. Taking things like cost, convenience, and the knowledge that my solution will always include migrating forward, there is what I think I will do:

  1. buy a pile o’ SD cards, put multiple copies
     of my data on each, and physically store
     some here and some there

  2. buy a networked drive, connected it to my
     hub, and use it locally

  3. break down and use some sort of cloud
     service to make yet more copies of my data

  4. re-evaluate in 365 days; this is a never
     -ending process

Realistically, I’ll bet I can do all of this for less than $200 and about a week’s worth of time & effort. Such is a small price to pay for the potential benefits.

Again, thank you.  code4lib++

—
Eric Morgan