Greetings:

We had a great turn out at the 2016 DLF forum in Milwaukee for the AIG session and lunch discussion (notes from the lunch discussion can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1soyvLR6YMAFzKnlzicYts-h7Ne4uFZ6WB7MBXungr-s/edit). We are excited to continue working with all of you-new and returning members alike-on developing best practices and guidelines in various areas of assessment for digital libraries over the coming year.

At the DLF lunch session, we broke into groups and discussed both the next steps for existing working groups and the creation of entirely new working groups around various areas of community interest. Over the course of the next month, you will see a series of emails pop up on this listserv from both new or returning working groups calling for participants. These groups will collaborate virtually over the course of the coming year, performing tasks as varied as conducting research and literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, and authoring whitepapers and best practice guidelines for different areas of library assessment.

For more information on the work of DLF AIG, please see our wiki page: https://wiki.diglib.org/Assessment.

Stay tuned!

Santi Thompson (University of Houston)
Sara Rubinow (New York Public Library)
DLF AIG Co-facilitators

Santi Thompson, Head of Digital Research Services
University Libraries
University of Houston
A Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university
713-743-9685
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-0337-6439