On 23 January 2017, Kyle Breneman wrote:

> Does your library have some kind of presence within your campus' learning
> management system (LMS)?  If so, what does that presence look like?

At York U (in Toronto) we use Moodle, and there's a Library Resources box that
holds content customized for the student based on the course code of the course
being looked at.  It looks like this:

https://lgimages.s3.amazonaws.com/data/imagemanager/31463/moodle-12-example.png

Moodle calls a web service the library runs and passes in the course code.  The
web service checks LibGuides to see which subject guides have been tagged as
relevant to the course (e.g. 2016_SC_BIOL_1000, the course code, will be
associated with a guide tagged sc/biol) or course guides (guides tagged
sc/biol1000).  It also queries our ILS and gives a direct link to the listing
of reserves in the course if there are any, and finally (not shown in the image,
which is old), checks a Google Drive spreadsheet that matches people with
subjects to give a link to My Librarian (at their profile page on LibGuides).
It returns all this as a chunk of HTML that Moodle displays with some styling.

It seems like it should be useful but from what I can tell it gets a very small
amount of clickthroughs compared to impressions.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada :: https://www.miskatonic.org/
Caveat lector.