I realize I’m not directly answering the LibX vs Scholar question, but this all sounded very familiar to me:

A department on campus here is doing a similar project of putting a massive bibliography online - we were involved in some of the early phases a couple years ago. They have a large bibliography of resources on a webpage, which is built on exports of data from Zotero. It’s behind a login while in draft mode, so I can’t link directly to it. But see attached screenshot for an example.

Each article has a “Search locally” button associated with it. Clicking it goes to a link like this one:

http://worldcatlibraries.org/registry/gateway?ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&atitle=Collaboration%2C%20Resistance%20and%20Reform%3A%20Experiences%20and%20Historiographies%20of%20the%20Napoleonic%20Wars%20in%20Central%20Europe&title=Central%20European%20History&stitle=Collaboration%2C%20Resistance%20and%20Reform&date=2006&volume=39&issue=4&spage=547&epage=579&aulast=Aaslestad&aufirst=Katherine&au=Hagemann%2C%20Karen&sid=Biblio%3ABibliography

This is where my memory of how we set it up gets fuzzy, but I think if you’re in the IP range of a resolver that Worldcat/OCLC knows about, you’ll get links to check for the article through it. The weakness is that if you’re not in one of those IP ranges, you’re at a dead end.

-Chad

---
Chad Haefele
Interim Head of User Experience