From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Sherman
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Good Tools for Microfilm Scanning

Hi all,

Does anyone on the list have much experience with microfilm scanning?  We have some old student newspapers and dissertations that we want to get into a digital format and while I do have a lot of expreience with photos, text, negatives, and large format media, I have not done microfilm. As such I am wondering if there is a good tool or set of tools to use when scanning microfilm? Either tools to scan with a standard bed-scanner or some kind of microfilm scanner?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt Sherman