Welcome, Frank!

Matt gave some good starting points for orienting yourself to the
community. I'd like to add a couple more links to the reading list:

   - https://github.com/code4lib/antiharassment-policy - the community's
   Code of Conduct, sometimes referred to as codeofconduct4lib
   - https://wiki.code4lib.org/How_to_hack_code4lib - Geared more toward
   the conference, but useful
   -
   https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeD77mBp0Y13mFePF8UmDwFrlbxNx3VttEjz_3dgglJeK-Zbg/viewform?c=0&w=1
   - Sign up for the Slack channel

Spending some time with some of the conference presentations [1] and the
Journal [2] will give you a sense as to the scope of interests within the
community. Also, you might want to look and see if there is a regional
code4lib group near you [3] - many folks start their involvement in the
community in these groups. Lastly, there's nothing wrong with lurking the
various communication channels :cD

[1] https://code4lib.org/conference

[2] http://journal.code4lib.org/

[3] https://wiki.code4lib.org/Main_Page#Local_.2F_Regional_Groups