Several years ago, we got our IT department to build us a custom library
tab in Blackboard that appears in all courses by default. It has the
picture, contact information, and an instant message widget for the liaison
librarian for that department; a link to the subject or course guide for
that course (links to a little script hosted on a library server that
queries the subject/course guide system to see if there is a specific
course guide for that course, and if not sends them to the subject guide
for that department); links to the reserves for that course; and some
default links to useful library pages that are the same for all courses.
It's really been wonderful.

Julia

Julia Bauder

Social Studies and Data Services Librarian

Grinnell College Libraries