Dear Code4Libbers,

I’m so happy to be planning an Ally Skills workshop as a pre-conference for Code4Lib 2017. I think these workshops are extremely valuable, and I’m so glad this event was voted in and has healthy registration numbers. Would anyone out in code4lib land like to help me lead the session? The materials and facilitator’s guide are available free online (https://frameshiftconsulting.com/ally-skills-workshop/ <https://frameshiftconsulting.com/ally-skills-workshop/>) and there seems to be lots of demand in the library and technology worlds to offer these, so I’d love to have more people who feel comfortable leading them.

If you think you might like to TA this session, please write directly to me (not the list) and tell me a bit about yourself and what you’d like to get out of the experience.

Similarly, for the impostor syndrome workshop pre-conference, I plan to stick around after the workshop to talk to anyone who’d like tips for offering the workshop locally. Again, the materials for this are all available free online and you are encouraged to use them to run your own workshops.

Can’t wait to see everyone in LA!

Bess

Bess Sadler
Data Curation Experts