Hi Cary,

Yes, policy and standards (Ps&Ss) are definitely issues with most wikis.
Most (not all) librarians / library owners have a hard time understanding
what Ps&Ss to establish and impose.  This leads to digital libraries getting
built and populated without them.  It then becomes almost impossible go back
and add Ps&Ss  later, simply because it’s difficult to fund, make time for,
and justify the the work to make all pre-existing content conform with the
newly imposed Ps&Ss.   This is one of the big reasons why Automatic Semantic
Wikis (Auto-Wikis) are gaining traction.  Aside from the ability to
auto-generate in a manner that far outpaces humans, they impose pre-defined
Ps&Ss that are integrated into their architectures so as to take most of
that burden off the hands of the content authors and the librarians.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your thoughts!

Have a great weekend,

Frank
—
Frank Guerino, Managing Partner
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)
http://www.if4it.com
1.908.294.5191 (M)