Library Juice Academy courses offered in and February, March, and April

Apologies for cross-posting. Please share as appropriate.

Most of the classes listed below are four weeks in length, with a price of
$175.

We accept registrations through the first week of class (unless enrollment
is full and unless it was canceled before it started due to low enrollment).

Classes are taught asynchronously, so participants can do the work as their
schedules allow.

Details on these courses are at http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/courses.php

We will re-advertise a few of next month's courses to this list over the
next couple of weeks.

February (classes start Feb. 6th; registration possible through Feb. 12th)

Introduction to RDA
Melissa Adler

Introduction to Project Management
Robin Hastings

Describing Photographs for the Online Catalogue
Beth Knazook

Growing, Developing, and Retaining Dynamic Staff
Deborah Schmidle

Evaluating Service Quality and Patron Satisfaction
Jennifer Sweeney

Transformation through Teamwork: Developing a Collaborative Leadership
Environment in a Changing World
Sarah Clark

Embedded Librarianship in Online Courses
Mimi O'Malley

Introduction to Accessibility and Universal Design in Libraries
Carli Spina

Informal Learning in the Academic Library
Lauren Hays and Teresa Slobuski

Access Services — Keeping the Common
Mandy Henk

Introduction to XML
Robert Chavez

The SPARQL Fundamentals II
Robert Chavez

Developing a Credit-Bearing Information Literacy Course
Angela Pashia

March

Grant Proposal Development for Libraries
Grace Agnew

Metadata for Data Resources
Catelynne Sahadath

Trends in Library Automation
Mandy Henk

Telling Your Story: Successful Marketing Strategies for Librarians
Deborah Schmidle

Easy Patron Surveys
Jennifer Sweeney

Gaming in Libraries
Lauren Hays and Teresa Slobuski

Creating Online Exhibits with Omeka
Alison Lewis

Exploring and Applying Critical Theory: An Introduction for Librarians
Jessica Critten

Transforming and Querying XML with XSLT and XQuery
Robert Chavez

The SPARQL Fundamentals III
Robert Chavez

New Directions in Information Literacy: Growing Our Teaching Practices
Andrea Baer

Online Instructional Design and Delivery
Mimi O'Malley

April

Techniques for Creative Problem Solving in Libraries
Annie Downey

Creating an Oral History Project
Carmen Cowick

Introduction to Digital Humanities for Librarians
John Russell

The Politics of Classification
Melissa Adler

Introduction to the Semantic Web
Robert Chavez

Business Information
Amy Jansen

Academic Library Budgets 101
Tracey Leger-Hornby

Do-It-Yourself Usability Testing
Rebecca Blakiston

Introduction to Legal Materials for Information Professionals
Eliza Fink

Service Design: Towards a Holistic Assessment of Library Services
Joe J. Marquez

Getting to Know Your Users through Interviews and Focus Groups
Jennifer Sweeney

Introduction to Readers' Advisory
Jessica Moyer

Introduction to Open Educational Resources (OER)
Sarah Crissinger

Some fun facts about us: Since starting in October of 2012, we have taught
373 classes to students located in 42 different countries. After
discontinuing a number of courses, we currently have 110 of them on the
books, approximately two thirds of which are scheduled for teaching over
the next six months. There are currently between 4000 and 5000 users in the
course management system.

While academic programs focus on conceptual understanding of foundations,
we focus on the kinds of skills that library schools generally expect
librarians to learn on-the-job, but which usually turn out to require
additional study. These workshops earn Continuing Education Units, and are
intended as professional development activities. Workshops are taught
asynchronously, so you can participate as your own schedule allows.

Library Juice Academy
P.O. Box 188784
Sacramento, CA 95818
Tel. 218-260-6115