Hi Alex,

This is doable. How to proceed will depend on how authentication is performed.

Most sites used to have simple authentication over http. You could
just do http://user:[log in to unmask] wget has flags for login/pass
that do this. However these days many sites don't work that way.

A common pattern is logging in through a form and then a cookie is
saved identifying you as a particular logged in user. You'll run your
offline browser with that cookie. On some sites you can even do this
manually. Log in with your browser, get the new cookie, and give it to
you crawler tool. Some tools let you submit a form (POST the filled
out values). wget and curl do this. I don't know the dedicated offline
browsers well enough for a recommendation there.

This stack overflow seems like a good example for wget:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4272770/wget-with-authentication

In practice this may be easier said than done. For instance you might
need to have the scraper identify as the browser you saved the cookie
with. Redirects could be a pain too.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Tom