Dear DLF community,

The Digital Library Pedagogy group (#DLFteach, for short), has been busy, and we’d like to update you on what we’ve been doing as well as invite you to participate in our upcoming projects.

Following our DLF working lunch “What’s on the Digital Library Pedagogy Menu,” we have determined some areas of interest moving forward for this group. Our project groups are now centered around:

·         Critical approaches to digital primary sources

·         Outreach

·         Creating a Distributed Open Collaborative Course (DOCC)

·         Resource sharing & professional skills development.

The DOCC project is soliciting feedback to determine what learning opportunities the community is interested in. Please fill out the following survey by Friday, January 20 to let us know what you would like to learn about:

https://t.co/9UolBGQoc2

We will be sending out more info on the rest of the projects soon to solicit your participation and feedback. In the meantime, if you have questions or want to know more, please let us know!

Members of #DLFteach also presented a workshop at DLF on using backward design to create teaching plans for digital collections instruction titled “Digital Library Pedagogy Incubator: A Workshop to Design Instruction with Digital Collections.” Materials from the workshop will be posted in the DLF Open Science Framework repository soon.

Thanks to all who participated in yesterday’s #DLFteach--we’ll have the Storify and TAGS spreadsheet up soon too.

--

Elizabeth Kelly, C.A., D.A.S.

Digital Initiatives Librarian

Monroe Library 332