Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) has opened the pilot phase of Recordings at Risk, a grant program focused on digitally reformatting "at-risk" audio and audiovisual materials of high scholarly value. In this pilot cycle, CLIR will award approximately $150,000 for the preservation reformatting of magnetic audio media through the Northeast Document Conservation Center's (NEDCC’s) newly established audio preservation service. Grants of between $5,000 and $25,000 will be awarded for projects of up to 12 months, to fall between May 2017 and April 2018. The application deadline for the pilot project is March 3, 2017. Awards will be announced April 30, 2017.

Here's a link to the press release which can lead you to information for applicants.

And while I still have your attention, CLIR and NEDCC will hold an informational webinar for prospective applicants on January 12 at 2:00 pm Eastern time. Check back on the website or our Twitter for a link to the webinar! If you can't make it, the event will be recorded and made freely available online.

Feel free to email me directly with any questions! Thanks for your time.

Best,

Pedro

Pedro Gonzalez-Fernandez

Program Associate, Recordings at Risk

Council on Library and Information Resources

1707 L Street NW, Suite 650

Washington, DC 20036

(202) 939-4764 (Office)

(240) 620-5592 (Mobile)

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]" id="LPNoLP">

1481727428176_clirtwitter.png  1481727440212_clirfacebook.png 1481727552641_youtube2.png