The Code4Lib Scholarship Committee is seeking up to twelve conference
buddies for our Diversity Scholarship recipients.

This is the first time (that I know of) that Code4Lib has tried this, so
for now we can only accommodate pairing up the scholarship recipients. If
it works well this year, maybe next year we could form a new conference
committee devoted to running a broader conference buddy program.

In general, a conference buddy will help the scholarship recipient get the
most out of the conference. The two of you can decide how best to do that.
Some suggestions for volunteer buddies:

-- contact the scholarship recipient before the conference
-- arrange to meet at least once near the beginning of the conference
-- introduce your buddy around at the reception
-- join your buddy at a Newcomers Dinner

Don't feel like you have to be a multi-year veteran of Code4Lib to be a
conference buddy. If you've attended at least one (or otherwise know the
community), you can be a buddy!

TO VOLUNTEER, PLEASE REPLY TO: [log in to unmask]

The Code4Lib 2017 Scholarship Committee
Linda Ballinger
Galen Charlton
Mairelys Lemus-Rojas