Hi,

The deadline of 17 February 2017 for proposals to host the 2018 annual
conference has passed, without any proposals being submitted.
Obviously, we won't be starting a voting period today, so at this
point I would like to put a call for any groups or organization who
have considered hosting a Code4Lib to put your cards on the table:
what would you need in order to be able and willing to host the 2018
conference? Are there specific forms of assistance you would like from
other community members? Changes to the scope or size of the
conference? Finding additional institutions to collaborate with on a
proposal? Simply a little more time to polish up a proposal?

Please let us know. The mailing list, Slack, and IRC are all available
for an open discussion; if you are not quite ready to make an open
proposal but have questions or just want to run some ideas by a
friendly ear, I'm available, as are undoubtedly many folks who have
served on past and present conference planning committees.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton