Probably not what you're looking for, but if you can get ahold of an older
unencrypted Square card reader (plugs into the headphone jack of any device,
including iPad) [this library will read from track 1 or
2](https://github.com/sshipman/RhombusLib) and let you do whatever you want
with the information.

* * *

**
**

**Nick Budak**

Digital Projects Developer | Watzek Library

Lewis & Clark College

Portland, OR

On Feb 27 2017, at 9:47 am, CORALL, JOHN <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,

> We are looking to purchase a magstripe card reader for an iPad our
circulation staff use. We will be using the card reader to swipe our
university IDs (FWIW, the information is on track #1 for our cards) into a
form/textfield that exists on the web; so essentially we will want to use the
card reader like a keyboard.

> Is anybody out there doing something similar with an iPad? If so, would you
please recommended the make/model for your magstripe reader? We currently have
a version 1 iPad, but would be willing to upgrade to a newer model if someone
out there has a working setup.

> Thanks in advance!

> -Joe

> \--