Digital Initiatives Symposium: Extended Call for Posters

Although we've reached capacity for concurrent and panel sessions, the Digital Initiatives Symposium at the University of San Diego still has room for more posters.

Submit posters by Monday, Feb. 20.

We welcome posters from organizations, including colleges and universities of all sizes, community colleges, public libraries, special libraries, museums, and other cultural memory institutions. We recommend a poster size of 24" x 36" mounted on foam board. (Foam board and adhesive will be provided at the symposium for those traveling by air.) Posters will be displayed on easels (not bulletin boards) at the event.

All poster submissions will be evaluated based on the relevance of the topic and potential to advance thinking about digital initiatives, institutional repositories, and scholarly communication. Registration fees will be waived for accepted presenters.

Join University of San Diego's Copley Library for the Fourth Annual Digital Initiative Symposium

This day and a half conference features workshops and user group meetings for a variety of institutional repository platforms, focusing on the digital elements of library ecosystems and institutional repositories.

Workshops (Monday, May 1):

“Metadata for Digital Projects: An Overview of Practical Issues and Challenges” by Murtha Baca, head of the Digital Art History program at the Getty Research Institute (GRI)

“Agile Project Management for Digital Libraries” by Sheila Rabun, certified Scrum Master and the Community and Communications Officer for the International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Consortium

“Copyright and Digital Initiatives” by Kevin L. Smith, Dean of Libraries at the University of Kansas

Keynote addresses (Tuesday, May 2):

Joan Lippincott, Associate Executive Director of the Coalition for Networked Information (CNI), "Fulfilling Our Mission in the Digital Age”

Maura Marx, Deputy Director for Library Services at the Institute of Museum and Library Services, "Developments in the National Digital Platform at IMLS"

User Groups: (Tuesday, May 2):

Bepress: Irene Kamotsky and Kelly Kunaniec, bepress

Islandora: Zach Vowell, Digital Archivist, California Polytechnic State University

Fedora: Declan Fleming, Chief Technology Strategist and Director of Information Technology Services (ITS), University of California San Diego

DSpace: Andrew Weiss, Digital Services Librarian, California State University, Northridge

Registration:

$85 registration includes both the preconference and full-day conference
$75 registration includes full-day conference
$40 registration includes preconference workshops
Note: Eventbrite charges a small processing fee in addition to the cost of registration.

For more information visit digital.sandiego.edu/symposium