I made a proof-of-concept Twitter chatbot for Participatory Narrative Inquiry that you might find interesting. You can DM @bemosior_ebooks (https://twitter.com/bemosior_ebooks) with the phrase "hello" and the bot will reply with a story prompt (and a few followup questions after you answer).

(Disclaimer: While I don't collect the data or use it for any purpose but testing, it will remain in the DM history for the bot account.)

The mechanics aren't that exciting (and has a lot of hardcoded hacks to convince Twitter it isn't spam), but the proof-of-concept shows what's possible: https://github.com/bemosior/hubot-pni/blob/master/src/pni.coffee

You can do a lot of really neat things with chatbots; it just depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

Benjamin Mosior