From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Diaz, Noel A <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 8:08:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Chatbots & conversational interfaces

I have been playing with a few bots to make some of our internal tools easier to reach from Slack (but mainly a self-hosted Mattermost instance).  I am using the Botman package (https://botman.io) to code them with php.  Getting them done has been very simple.  Very handy to get notifications on problems and to do quick lookups of data through the bot and into the channel.
Installation BotMan - Create messaging bots in PHP with ease<https://botman.io/>
botman.io
Edit on Installation. Installation & Setup; Basic Usage; Cache Drivers; BotMan is a framework agnostic PHP library that is designed to simplify the task of developing ...

Now I’m looking to leverage natural language parsing (trying out first with this service https://api.ai). It definitely has a lot of potential for both internal and external users.
[http:[log in to unmask]]<https://api.ai/>

Conversational UX Platform for products and services - API.AI<https://api.ai/>
api.ai
Want to build real multi-channel intelligence into your product? API.AI is the most mature Natural Language Understanding platform in the market.

-- Noel

—
  Noel Díaz
  Instruction & Research Services Administrator
  Information Technology Department
  Purdue University Libraries
  E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
  Phone: 765-494-1787