I grant that I could be (am probably) wrong, but my experience in CIL in...
what, 2009 or so -- seemed like I was in the middle of a barren wasteland.
Maybe it was just that particular venue, or things have changed. As long as
there's places to have newcomer dinners within walking distance, I'm happy.