Hi Deborah,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  This is exactly the type of info I¡¯m
looking for.

Your answer describes two scenarios:

1. Starting From Paper: A process that A) turns the Paper Card Index into
Digital List, B) requires enriching it via a Master Data Source like
WorldCat, and C) loads the list into the library.
2. Starting from a Digital List: Which I assume still requires B and C, from
above.

After initial upload, is that Digital List treated as an ongoing Source of
Truth (SoT) that is continuously mastered outside the library and
incrementally synched with the data loaded into the library?  Or, after
initial upload, is that list discarded and the library, itself, is used to
control master inventory (either through incremental manual entry or
scanning)?  I¡¯m under the impression that it¡¯s the latter.

Thanks,

Frank
¡ª
Frank Guerino, Managing Partner
The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)
http://www.if4it.com
1.908.294.5191 (M)