NETSPEED 2017: October 3 & 4, University of Alberta, Edmonton AB
http://www.netspeedconference.com

*Keynote speakers:*
We are excited to report that we have secured our keynote speakers for
Netspeed 2017!

*Jessamyn West,* the creator of Librarian.net <http://librarian.net/> and
author of Without A Net <http://www.librarian.net/digitaldivide/> will be
kicking off the conference on October 3rd with a hard look at the current
state of the Digital Divide.

*Shaun Gouglas*, associate professor at the University of Alberta and
expert on video games and learning, will be our closing keynote speaker on
October 4th and presenting a new look at cross-sectoral collaboration via
video games.

*Call for Proposals - Deadline is APRIL 14!*
We have our keynote speakers, and it's time to build the full program.
We're on the hunt for librarians, library technicians, and others who work
in or with the library industry to step forward!  We’re looking for people
who are passionate about technology in libraries to present at our
conference.

Netspeed brings together library professionals from both academic and
public libraries to discuss trends, developments, innovations, research,
and practical matters related to library technologies. We provide sessions
for different interests, uses, and levels of knowledge. We’re focused on
creating a forum for discovery, collaboration, and conversation – an event
where we can geek out about the latest exciting gadgets and hash through
some of the tough social questions our work often generates.

If you work in or research libraries and have something to say or share
about library technology, then we want to hear from you!

Interested? Click here for the full Call for Proposals including topic/idea
suggestions. <http://www.netspeedconference.com/call-for-presentations.html>

Ready to submit? Click here to go straight to our proposal submission form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfmdHqXO0jwc_hxXkRdW_Y49Qm6dCbkIBhj0f5otumhO7PfA/viewform?c=0&w=1>
.

*Proposals will be accepted until 5:00pm MST on Friday April 14th.*
*Lauren Sergy, MLIS*
*Communications Strategist*
The Alberta Library
#700, 10707-100 Ave