Hi,

As a reminder, the deadline for the current round [1] of proposals to
host a Code4Lib annual conference in 2018 is Friday, 17 March 2017 at
midnight PST—i.e., tomorrow. I know that there are groups out there
who are actively working on putting together proposals but who have
yet to secure a fiscal sponsor. I encourage those groups to consider
making their proposals public tomorrow regardless. Doing so may reveal
ways that other members of the community can help, either in an ad hoc
fashion for next year's conference or via one of the approaches
suggested in the report of the Fiscal Continuity Interest Group. At
the very least, it may clarify how much additional time may be
required to get complete proposals for this cycle.

[1] https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1702&L=CODE4LIB&F=&S=&P=106163
[2] https://wiki.code4lib.org/FCIG_Report

Regards,

Galen