Sharing on behalf of the DLF Government Records Transparency and Accountability group — all are welcome to join both the group and this open webinar for Endangered Data Week.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rachel Mattson
Date: March 24, 2017 at 3:16:51 PM EDT
To: "DLF Records Transparency/Accountability Interest Group" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all -

Below you'll find an announcement for the webinar that our working group is hosting as part of Endangered Data Week (#EndangeredData). Please share with anyone you know that might be interested in attending, or relevant any networks you are part of.

Thanks!
Rachel

Endangered Accountability: A DLF-Sponsored Webinar on FOIA, Government Data, and Transparency

April 21, 2017 1:00 PM (EDT)

Join members of the Digital Library Federation’s new working group on Government Records Transparency and Accountability for a live conversation about government data and records transparency. In this webinar, we’ll dig below the headlines to talk about the current state of FOIA, the difference between “records” and “data,” and what, actually, is at risk in this current moment. Featuring presentations by Alex Howard of the Sunlight Foundation, Denice Ross from New America, and Deputy Director Nikki Gramian and Management Analyst Amy Bennett from the National Archives FOIA Ombudsman’s Office.

To join:
For more about Endangered Data Week (April 17-21, 2017) visit http://endangereddataweek.org/.

 #EndangeredData

--